Recently as I was preparing for this upcoming semester for my Small Business Management course I am instructing at Coppin State University, I was forced to brush up on some statistics around entrepreneurship and wanted to share some data I feel every entrepreneur should know! The information I found surprised and excited me at the same time. It is great to see the world is leaning more and more into an entrepreneur economy and without us we all know the economy will not sustain!
Check these out
1. In the United States entrepreneurs launch 476,000 businesses each month! Can you say WOW. I was amazed by this number. Entrepreneur spirit is the most significant economic development in recent business history. (Research by the Kauffman Foundation)
2. The United States provide the BEST environment for cultivating entrepreneurship and ranked #1 over 121 countries using the Global Entrepreneurship and Development Index (GEDIndex 2014)
3. Globally men are nearly twice as likely to start a business as women.
4. Entrepreneurs are most likely to launch their companies between ages 35 and 44.
5. In the United States, 59 percent of those engaged in entrepreneurial activity are opportunity entrepreneurs. These are entrepreneurs who start a business because they spot an opportunity in the market place.
As you can see entrepreneurship in the US is growing rapidly. There are a few of these stats I would like to change (#3 & #4 specifically). The last statistic brings me to ask you, do you now what type of entrepreneur you are?
Opportunity Entrepreneur- (See above)
Necessity Entrepreneur- (one who start businesses because they cannot find work any other way)
Serial Entrepreneur- (One who repeatedly start businesses and grow them to sustainable size before striking out again)
Remember entrepreneurs see potential where most people see only problems or nothing at all which most of the time is a characteristic that often make them the objects of ridicule!
I want to hear from you!!!
Comment below & Thank me Later