I am screaming nooooo not ANOTHER SNOW DAY on the East Coast, well at least Maryland lol! I am sure by now you are running out of things to do with the kids to keep you from going crazy and keep their minds occupy. Here are 8 things you can do with the children to keep them from driving you insane!
- Pull out the Christmas board games. Yes, I am sure you probably have played them a few times but most of these games are actually educational and you probably haven’t notice. Games like Sorry, Trouble and Candyland teach your kiddos how to count and their colors, where games like Monopoly keeps the older youth thinking strategically and learning how to budget their money!
- BAKE- Ryann loves baking. This is the best time to try new recipes and let the kids get fully creative with their culinary skills. We used charm city’s own Duff Goldman box cake mix to make a cool cake!
- Make educational flash cards- I created flash cards with words on them and math factors. Ryann had to find the Rhyming word that I hid in the house as well as the answer to the math factors. You can do this activity in many different ways and to fit any age level.
- UNO- We love UNO in my house. It really stimulates children minds and help them learn their numbers, colors and enhance their strategic thinking.
- Write a book- This isn’t as complicated as you think. Have your children write a story and draw pictures to illustrate their story. You will be surprise on what they come up with and how this can actually be something they really enjoy doing!
- Photo Shoot- It’s not too many times a year that you get to spend 5 or more days in the house with your kids. Take this time and make memories and have a photo shoot right on your smart phone. There are tons of apps like Groovebook.com that will actually send you a book of your pictures. Remember make lasting memories!
- Play-Doh never gets old– Playdoh is something that can keep the kids busy for HOURS. They will use their little imaginations to make tons of things!
- Prepare for Valentines Day- Valentines Day is only two weeks away! Have your kids begin working on their craft that they may want to do for their class or their family. Pinterest has tons of ideas.
There are tons of things you can do to keep those little minds occupied. Today I was able to share some great ideas on how to keep them business on Baltimore’s Fox 45 News. If you missed the segment no worries Click the link below!
Thank me later
The Business Dr.