Who me?! Of course not! I’m not a hater, but I do know a couple!
Yes, you! Sorry to tell you that you’ve probably experienced a business hater, and, best guess, you’ve been one too! You might even be one right now. (Listen, I like to think of my blog as a hate-free, Namaste, spread the peace, creative space. So, if you planning on hating, please do us all a favor and find your Zen before we proceed with our discussion.)
TAMMIRA’S BIG 5 BUSINESS HATER MOVES:
- Not liking a status or post of a peer sharing their business accomplishment.
Seriously, why do you follow someone you can’t be happy for? Happiness for another’s accomplishments hasn’t even blocked a blessing, but hate surely has! The old school used to say, “Don’t hate! Congratulate!”
- Getting upset because you feel like your peer’s opportunity should be yours.
Green with envy much? Who told you the pie wasn’t big enough for everyone to have a slice? Even better, there’s enough ingredients to go around for everyone to bake their own pie and teach others how to do it too! Success isn’t mutually exclusive.
- Consistent criticism that’s never constructive.
Well, hater, if you are so business savvy and know what every one should or shouldn’t be doing, why aren’t you using your same advice in your own business? Cut it.
- Comparing your business to a similar business.
Where is the benefit in watching your neighbor’s grass grow? Plant your seeds. Water your lawn. Who cares if the whole block is growing grass?
- Copying what others are doing.
The universe needs what YOU have to offer. It already has what other people have offered.
Don’t worry if you’ve done one, some, or all of these. We’ve all been there. As entrepreneurs we want our success and we want it now. When we lack patience, it causes us to act out now without thinking of the implications for the future. Success is a roller coaster ride, full of up and downs, but it’s the best ride you will ever take! You also must understand that your success is just that, yours, and your journey will always be different from other’s journeys.
The cycle of hate stops now! Here are some healthy habits that will help you overcome hate, appreciate yourself and celebrate others:
- Learn how to accept and own your journey! Once you do this you can STOP comparing yourself to others!
- Build relationships that are mutually beneficial. Don’t just connect with people for your own selfish benefit. Don’t be a user and abuser!
- Bring people to the top with you. Success does not happen in vacuum. Never forget those who helped or inspired you a long the way.
- Be your own authentic self! Stick to who you are and allow that to display in your business. There’s only one you! And, like I said before, the universe needs Y-O-U! Not a copy of the person next to you.
- Learn the difference between constructive criticism and just plain criticism. One comes from a place of respect and love. The other comes from a place of insecurity and hate. If all you can see is the bad in someone or something, it may be time to self-reflect on why your perspective is so negative.
- Build support groups. Work with others instead of against others. Empires by definition require more than one person, silly!
I wrote this blog because I believe this is becoming a prevalent issue with the rise of entrepreneurship. I love that so many people are deciding to chase their dreams, define their destinies and take the world by storm! But, we have to realize that there is plenty of wealth and success to go around. I attribute much of my success to my ability to remain hate-free and appreciative of all the opportunities afforded me. This has truly brought abundance to my life! Not to mention, I couldn’t do it without all my business buddies that build me up and motivate me on my path to success!