I’m a mom, and I’m addicted to Christmas! Every year, I have been very dedicated to providing my daughter with Christmas gifts beyond the latest “it” toy , I choose to give her the gift of success. My husband and I are adamant about not just providing Ryann with toys and gadgets but thinking beyond the 1-day excitement. One thing we know about kids is that they mimic the things we do and the things they see. My daughter is very knowledgeable about what her parents do and has already started living our legacy by becoming an entrepreneur herself. It’s is because we expose her to that lifestyle; she was bred into the “Lucas Brand”. This year I want you to sit back and think about the future of your children, and the growth of your family’s brand. What does that look like in your eyes? We know that although we envision things for our children that does not necessarily mean they will live in the path that we have paved for them, but what they will be able to say is that their parents exposed them certain things. When you think about that vision for your children think of some ways you can make that vision realistic through a gift for Christmas.
It may take some creativity and thinking but I am going to help you out and give you 5 Holiday ideas you can gift your children that will help them on the journey of success.
1. Stock- Whether your child is a newborn or teenager the gift of stock will work for any age. Look at the things they absolutely love or purchase all the time and buy stock into that company. My favorite stock option is Disney. My daughter loves Disney and they have a cool stock purchasing process for kids that really teach them about owning stock. What better way to show your children about saving then gifting them stock in their favorite brand!
2. Books/Workbooks- I know you are probably asking yourself,, “What kid would want a book/workbook for a present?” The truth is our children would read more if we encouraged them to read. Buy books that pertain to the subject that your child is interested in that also fits within the vision you have for them. Ryann loves science, fashion and entrepreneurship so her books are in the scope of these subjects. Some of my favorite children’s books are Camila’s Lemonade Stand by Lizzy Duncan, Kidpreneur: Young Entreprenerus with Big Ideas by Adam Toren and Matthew Toren and Steve Jobs: The Man Who Thought Different.
3. Materials to start their business- If your child is interested in starting a business, purchase the items they need to start the business instead of buying toys. If you child is anything like mine, they are just going to get tired of them or get throw away after a few months, maybe even days. This year, Ryann is interested in writing a book, my gift to her will be an illustrator for her book.
4. Leadership workshop/Conference tickets– This is gift is for kids who are 5 and older. You would be very surprised at the workshops and conferences that are out there for kids. In fact, The Entrepreneur Development Assistance Center (EDAC) at Morgan State University hosts a youth entrepreneurship conference every year that is AWESOME for kids all ages. If you want to raise leaders, you have to expose them to leadership.
5. Financial Literacy workshop/Piggy Bank/Savings account– I could not suggest a gift without also suggesting the gift of financial literacy. . If you didn’t know this by now, most banks of financial institutions provide financial literacy education for children as young as 2 years old. Starting young in this area will definitely be beneficial for your child’s future. Throughout the year, you can make learning about money fun (blog coming January) and each year you can gift something to build upon their financial literacy.
Your children may not understand or like all of the gifts but trust me they will appreciate them later and so will you!
Try them out and email me to let me know how your child responds to the gift of success!
Thank us Later
Tammira & Jasmine 🙂